THE DEATH OF JFK–NOVEMBER 22, 1963
Shortly after noon on November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated as he rode in a motorcade through Dealey Plaza in downtown Dallas, Texas.
RPCVs—Tell us your story of being in the Peace Corps on November, 22, 1963.
- Where were you a Volunteer?
- What was the reactions from neighbors, friends, students?
- What did your HCN friends say to you about JFK’s death?
- How did the “American in-country community” react?
- How did you hear the news from Dallas?
These are just a few questions you might answer. Tell us your story of that time in fewer than a 1000 words. I’ll post it on our site during the week of November 22nd. Send it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org