Thanks for the ‘heads up’ from John Rude (Ethiopia 1962-64)
The Museum of Peace Corps Experience has assembled 50 short vignettes submitted by RPCVs. Readers may see the stories on a Google Earth map by clicking HERE.
Like any global adventure worth its salt, you may need a few navigational tips —
- You’ll see a list on the left with a list of RPCV authors and dates of service. Click on any name to open a story.
- Photos appear at the top, with the stories beneath. If there are several photos, click the left or right arrows to see them.
- To see the whole globe, return to Projects/Peace Corps Stories and click the left arrow at the top. Next, click the Menu (upper left) to again click a left arrow symbol, next to Google Earth.
- With the entire globe visible, you may hold the left-click button on your mouse and spin the globe in any direction.
- You will see “Heart” icons across the globe next to RPCV names and service dates. Click on any of these to open a story.
- As you draw closer to the RPCV’s assigned village, you may see names of countries, cities, villages, or national parks. Click on any of these sites, and you may see photos of the surrounding area
Keep this link to Google Earth, and if you want to tell your own story—send in THIS FORM to the Museum of the Peace Corp Experience. Have a great trip!