My name is Griffin Marie Francis Smith, I served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Uganda from 2011-2013, currently serve on the board of the Chicago Area Peace Corps Association and am a proud member of the RPCV Health Crusade!
RPCV Health Crusade is a newly formed volunteer group of RPCVs who came together to focus on the health and well-being of PCVs and RPCVs. In the spirit that drew us to service, we came together to see how we can make a difference within our own RPCV community. We believe that there are volunteers currently serving in the Peace Corps that could have better health experiences and also believe there is very little in place to support the health of RPCVs after service.
We created a health survey (https://surveys.
- to give the PCV and RPCV community a voice in identifying our own health needs;
- to provide visibility in health trends and patterns within the community;
- to create a more complete picture of the overall health of the community;
- to give RPCV Health Crusade guidance in focusing our efforts (education, advocacy, support, etc.) and developing programs that generate the greatest benefit;
- to help establish a baseline of the current state of our community to track potential changes over time
Please help us distribute this health survey (https://surveys.
The survey responses will be kept anonymous (there is no personally-identifiable information) and will not be sold or shared with any other group or organization including NPCA or PC. The survey should only take about 10-20 minutes to complete and could contribute to a potential world of difference to the overall RPCV community.
Please feel free to reach out directly to me or to the group at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.