WASHINGTON – The Peace Corps is partnering with a host of federal agencies to hold webinars and virtual job fairs where evacuated Peace Corps volunteers can find jobs as they adjust to life in the United States.
“We are here to support our volunteers in every way possible,” said Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen. “Our volunteers have given so much to the world, and we are working tirelessly to ensure their smooth transition to life back in the United States. We also want to recognize our outstanding government partners who are eager to hire returned Peace Corps volunteers and have supported us through this challenging time.”
Returned Peace Corps volunteers (RPCVs) can find the full list of virtual job fairs by logging in here.
The participating government agencies are:
- Small Business Administration
- Department of Labor
- Housing and Urban Development
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Homeland Security
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Department of State
- Department of Energy
- United States Agency for International Development
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Office of Personnel Management
This list may be updated as other agencies join the effort.
Additionally, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is conducting online classes to help RPCVs write their resumes, learn how to use the hiring website USAJOBS and navigate the federal hiring system.