13 Things About US Capitol RPCV rioter Thomas Baranyi (Albania)
Thomas Baranyi (Albania 2018-20) is a white man from New Jersey, United States. Here are 13 things about him:
- He lives in Ewing, New Jersey. (a)
- He graduated from The College of New Jersey in Ewing. (b)
- He went into basic training for the U.S. Marine Corps but he was discharged. (b)
- He is the eldest son of Drake Baranyi, who is from Kathmandu, Nepal. (c)
- On December 9, 2017, he proposed to his girlfriend Rachel Fury, according to his father. (c)
- From 2018 to 2020, he served in the Peace Corps in Albania. (b)
- On December 22, 2020, his father took to Facebook to say they have not seen each other in person since 2017. (c)
- Wearing a blue New York Giants sweatshirt and a navy blue baseball hat while carrying a blue backpack on January 6, 2021, he entered the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on the side where scaffolding was erected for Joe Biden‘s inauguration on January 20, 2021. That day, Donald Trump supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election. He witnessed how Ashli Babbitt was fatally shot during the riot. (b)
- After the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, he showed the blood in his right hand when he was interviewed by a reporter from a television station in Washington, D.C. Speaking about Babbitt, he said, “We had stormed into the chambers inside and there was a young lady who rushed through the windows. A number of police and secret service were saying, ‘Get back, get down, get out of the way.’ She didn’t heed the call, and as we kind of raced up to grab people, pull them back, they shot her in the neck and she fell back on me and starting saying she was fine, it’s cool, and then she started moving weird and blood was coming out of her mouth and neck and nose and I don’t know if she’s alive or dead anymore.” (d)
- He was 28 years old when he participated in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. (b)
- Federal Bureau Investigation special agent Cassidy Vreeland submitted a criminal affidavit assigned to U.S. Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on January 10, 2021. It established probable cause to believe that he did knowingly enter or remain in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority or did knowingly and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct and did willfully and knowingly engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct, at any place in the U.S. Capitol grounds with the intent to impede, disrupt or disturb the orderly conduct of a session of Congress or either House of Congress or the orderly conduct in that building of any deliberations of either House of Congress. (e)
- On January 12, 2021, the FBI arrested him in Ewing (f) and charged him with disorderly or disruptive conduct. That day, he made his initial court appearance via video conference. (g)
- Newark U.S. District Judge Cathy Waldor released him on January 12, 2021 on a $100,000 unsecured bond and prohibited him from entering any government buildings. (f)
7 CommentsLeave a comment
Why give this attention seeker more print?
This is my opinion. It is good to have facts, however difficult it is to know about a RPCV’s activities. This is a time of political turmoil which can give rise to speculation and rumors. The best way to fight against that is to know facts.
“We have a right to know who shot Ashli Babbitt and why,” says Tucker Carlson … “No one will tell us. The Biden administration says the man who killed Babbitt is a Capitol Hill police officer and he did the right thing… If you shoot people without warning because they’re in the wrong place, that’s not allowed. But apparently now it is allowed.”
Could Baranyi pick the shooter out of a lineup?
Reminds me of first shot fired on Lexington Green.
This dude is an idiot and attention seeker. Babbit did not fall on him, he was off to the side, and immediately started filming her when she fell. What an extremist piece of brainwashed trash.
Exactly, and he purposely reached in and got blood on his hand so he could then walk down the steps with his bloody hand raised, shouting “it’s not just talk anymore, they just shot a girl in there”. This was all done with the intention to incite the crowd into going nuts and actually killing some people. Everyone is being duped, and it’s right in front of our faces!
He is a patriot.
Just watch – everything wrong with the capitol shooting in 21 minutes or less – it’s a very good idea to watch it the first time through without the sound on so that what you are actually seeing doesn’t get affected by what the narrator of the video is saying. Although the actual audio of those involved there at the scene is definitely worth having a listen to. For the most part, I pretty much agree with the narrator, I just prefer not to have my judgment guided by my biases.