A couple of days ago Brooke Warner at Huffington Post posted an article listing mistakes new writers shouldn’t make. They are:
1. Believing what they want to hear.
2. Not taking advantage of every available digital platform.
3. Deciding that they don’t need a marketing campaign, or starting one too late.
4. Believing that more is better.
5. Going renegade.
6. Not doing enough research on who they’re publishing with.
7. Believing that “traditional” is better, no matter what.
8. Failing to get sample product.
9. Not hiring professionals.
10. Choosing a print run over print-on-demand (POD).
NOW, go to “The 10 Biggest Mistakes New Authors Make” to read the whys.