|The Museum of the Peace Corps Experience will host a screening of “A Towering Task,” the award-winning Peace Corps documentary, viewable September 18 – 30, 2020. Income from ticket sales will allow us to create Museum exhibits next year during the 60thAnniversary of Peace Corps.
Please help us get the word out. Distribute this message as widely as possible. Help us expand public awareness of the Peace Corps and its history-making impact. By selling tickets for an online showing, Cinema 21 theater in Portland, Oregon will donate all its earnings to the Museum.
Ticket purchases will begin after September 1. Then you’ll receive another message including links to purchase $10 tickets from Cinema 21 for online streaming. The message will also invite viewers to a Zoom panel discussion on September 30 with Alana DeJoseph, documentary Producer, Glenn Blumhorst, President, National Peace Corps Association, and other returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
It’s a win-win proposition—but it depends 100% on your rapid response.
When you receive the flyer, we hope that you will distribute it widely to your personal networks. The film will be available September 18 – 30, 2020.
Steps you can take to spread the word about viewing the film:
- Post the flyer on your Facebook or Instagram pages, or any other social media groups.
- Send the flyer as an email attachment to your family, friends, and work colleagues, no matter where they live in the world.
- Contact local universities and colleges. Send a copy of the flyer to professors of international relations and ask them to distribute it to students. (Viewing the film is a great class project—especially while classes are meeting online.)
- Contact religious, social justice, and environmental organizations in your community. Many of these groups are deeply interested in global issues and would be fascinated with the film’s portrayal of how Peace Corps Volunteers have cultivated positive relationships in emerging countries.
- Send this notice to local newspapers, radio/TV stations, online newsletters, or other media outlets.
We are counting on the limitless imagination of returned volunteers to publicize this showing of “A Towering Task.” Please spread the good news. Look for the flyer soon—and then, go viral!
Link to the Museum website HERE View a trailer of “A Towering Task” HERE