NY RPCVs Art Show
The 5th “Peace Corps Creates . . . Art by Returned Volunteers” Art Show, will have it opening reception on March 7th. The reception (and show) is free and open to the public.
- Venue: 14th St Y, in Manhattan
- Venue address: 344 E 14th St, New York, NY 10003 (between 1st and 2nd ave)
- Nearest subway: L train at 14th Street and 1st Ave.
- Reception date and time: March 7th, 7pm–9pm
- Free and open to the public
- Telephone number: (212) 780-0800
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/events/246447406231683/
- Contact: email@example.com
- The art show will run for five weeks, March 7–April 11. People visiting New York during that time are encouraged to come and see the show.
Peace Corps is based on community and connecting. As Peace Corps Volunteers, we serve abroad in very different places than where we grew up, but end up embedded in the fabric of our surroundings. These experiences have shaped us as not only people, but as artists. Whether it’s as a profession, a hobby, or an expression we want to be able to highlight and share this side of our service. In addition, this show connects the local NYC community to a global community; it brings places and spaces to individuals and connects them to very personal and unique experiences of living outside our country and culture. Our art exhibit embodies the Third Goal of Peace Corps, which is to help promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served abroad.
Art from the Art Show