Celebrating the Creation of the Peace Corps: 2017 Peace Corps Fund Third Goal Writing Contest $5,000 to be Awarded
The Peace Corps Fund announces its 2017 writing contest. Prizes range from First Prize of $1000, Second Prize $500 and numerous Honorable Mentions of $250. Top prizes will be published on the Peace Corps Worldwide website and promoted throughout the Peace Corps community.
- Must be a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer or Former Peace Corps Staff
- Submissions should generally advance the Third Goal of the Peace Corps Act: To increase the understanding of the peoples served on the part of Americans.
The Third Goal Writing Contest Overview and Rules
- The Peace Corps Fund will appoint a panel to review submissions whose decisions are final.
- Submissions must be received by April 30th.
- Winners will be announced at the National Peace Corps Association Conference, August 1st.
- Submissions may include, poetry, essays or short stories. No submission may be more than 5,000 words.
- Submission may not have been previously published or have been awarded prizes from other contests.
- Submissions must be original works and include author’s name, address, telephone and email address.
- Submissions must include a 1 paragraph biography of the author including Peace Corps service dates, country and/or staff positions held with dates.
- Submissions must be double spaced, Times Roman, 12 point type and sent electronically via email.
Founded in 2003, the Peace Corps Fund is an independent, 501-c-3 nonprofit organization founded by Returned Peace Corps Volunteers to support and advance the Third Goal of the Peace Corps: to increase the understanding of the peoples served on the part of Americans. Donations to the Peace Corps Fund are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
One CommentLeave a comment
[…] For more information visit the contest website. […]