Hodgepodge: Spring projects and plantings proliferate! Just like last spring there’s nary a moment to scribe it worthily, so here’s the short list and some photos for any who might still be following what we’re up to but are busy too.
- Crickets are started, worms are coming up and rabbits are in the works with bees next on the short list.
- The half of the new orchard that died last year is now replanted.
- The pups are growing like weeds and the weeds are smothered by mulch.
- The new flower garden is struggling but I’m relentless.
- The veggie garden is planted with the likes of everything imaginable: beans, berries, carrots, greens, herbs, melons, peas, potatoes, peppers, okra, tomatillos, tomatoes-and we’re up to our armpits in spring onions at the moment.
- I’m experimenting with roses highly unsuccessfully.
We’ve got the Dog Whisperer full collection and Handy Hubby has taken over strict puppy disciplining. Good thing he’s got some time off because that’s almost a full-time job by itself-one likes to wander, the other won’t stop nipping, the oldest is a bad influence in general and they’re all very pushy. With soon to be 300 pounds in dogs pushy is out of the question!
I’ve been getting involved locally in the nearby town Palestine — the annual Dogwood parade with Master Gardener tree sale was a pleasant surprise!
I met a few young exchange students during our Grow Your Own Garden project who reminded me of my own exchanging days.